Welcome to the Blogsite of CESDEV-Nursing
Community Extension Services & Development
University of Cebu-Banilad College of Nursing!

This blogsite shall serve as your online access for information, updates, photo displays, videos, news, relevant links and other matters related to the programs and activities of UC Nursing CESDEV as well as other features that may be of peculiar interest and value to the University of Cebu community and the multitude of blog visitors.


THE NIGHTINGALE PLEDGE

The Nightingale Pledge is a traditional pledge that was taken by new nurses. It was composed by a committee chaired by Lystra Gretter, an instructor of nursing at the old Harper Hospital in Detroit, Michigan, and was first used by its graduating class in the spring of 1893.

THE NIGHTINGALE PLEDGE
I solemnly pledge myself before God
and presence of this assembly;
To pass my life in purity
and to practice my profession faithfully.
I will abstain from whatever
is deleterious and mischievous
and will not take or knowingly administer
any harmful drug.
I will do all in my power to maintain and elevate
the standard of my profession
and will hold in confidence all personal matters
committed to my keeping
and family affairs coming to my knowledge
in the practice of my calling.
With loyalty will I endeavor
to aid the physician in his work,
and devote myself to the welfare
of those committed to my care.