Welcome to the Blogsite of CESDEV-Nursing
Community Extension Services & Development
University of Cebu-Banilad College of Nursing!

This blogsite shall serve as your online access for information, updates, photo displays, videos, news, relevant links and other matters related to the programs and activities of UC Nursing CESDEV as well as other features that may be of peculiar interest and value to the University of Cebu community and the multitude of blog visitors.


DIET ON READER'S DIGEST COVER FOR KIDS


Recognizing his efforts to help poor Filipino children, ABS-CBN contract star Diether Ocampo has graced the cover of the Reader's Digest Asia's 2009 December issue.

Fondly called Diet by his close friends, Ocampo, one of the most bankable actors in show business, is the co-founder of K.I.D.S. Foundation. In the cover story “My Wish for New Year,” the Reader’s Digest Asia has cited his works to alleviate the plight of poor Filipino children. The story also features other inspirational Asians.


“I haven’t forgotten that I come from a poor family. This keeps me grounded and grateful for what I have today,” Ocampo was quoted as saying. Every year, he celebrates his birthday with the less fortunate children.

“[This my way of] sharing my blessings to all these kids. Kasi marami din sigurong hindi nakakaalam, minsan naging bata din ako na nangarap. Galing din ako sa hirap,” Ocampo said in an interview during his 33rd birthday celebration last July.